Job vacancy: Communications Expert for LEF
Terms of References
Consultancy for Development of Communication Plan
The Lebanese Environment Forum-LEF is seeking a motivated and eager candidate for the development of communication plan under the “Promoting sustainable hunting practices in Lebanon using community based approach” Project funded by CEPF.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Develop a communication plan for sustainable hunting targeting general public.
The aim is to build constituency and support towards the proper implementation of organized sustainable hunting in the country and develop consensus on public hunting areas-PHAs application. Based on the recommendations of the communication plan, LEF would develop and produce various awareness materials to be used by the LEF conservation NGOs such as posters, brochure, roll ups, TV spot/short documentary film, and smart phone application/online game.
The Consultant will be required to present communication plan targeting general public including:
– An implementation plan, including a detailed resource list and estimated budget.
– Detailed dissemination strategy with recommended outlets and media for reaching the public and audiences identified.
– Proposals of the types of educational and informational materials suggested for use as part of the communication strategy
– A final report, no later than April 30, 2014, including a draft evaluation instrument for measuring the achievement of the goals and targets of the communication plan.
– Degree in journalism and communication; or related disciplines.
– Minimum 6 years of experience in the communications field;
– Traceable record of work on similar projects;
– Computer literacy, electronic networks and software used for communication purposes (i.e. Websites, electronic bulletin, etc.).
– Good experience with new social media;
– Practical experience working with the non-governmental organizations/ private sector/communities in implementing development related projects/activities;
– He/she must be formally qualified in communication/ public relations/ advertising/ communication analysis and planning/ marketing.
– He/she must have experience in conducting communications needs analysis and strategic design as well as in managing communication campaigns.
– Awareness about the hunting issue and stakeholders in Lebanon.
– Awareness of the need for development and operational effectiveness;
– Excellent public speaking and presentation skills;
– Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills in Arabic and English;
Location: Beirut Lebanon – with possibility of field visits to Bekaa
Expected Duration of Assignment: 2 months
Deadline for application submittal for this opening is 20-February-2014
Interested qualified candidates are kindly requested to send a letter of interest, concept note and cost offer indicating in the subject: Communication Expert – LEF Vacancy and their CV* to:
Lebanese Environment Forum
Tel: +961 1 386570
Fax: +961 1 382332